Ten Polite Ways of Asking Someone to Shut Up!
Now this one reveals some practical wisdom that (some of) the editors gathered while working on the first issue. Due to confidentiality agreements, we cannot reveal names but rest assured; some of these have come in handy while others will be tried out soon! Oh and by the way, we started out trying to remain polite but we must confess, we didn’t manage to remain totally polite towards the end of the list…
- A closed mouth gathers no feet.
- You aren’t learning much if your lips are moving.
- What did silence ever do to you?
- You are over-achieving, just relax now.
- Take a chill-pill!
- Yes dear, you are right.
- Are the people you know all mute?
- Oh dear, are you suffering from verbal diarrhoea?
- Never miss on a good opportunity to shut up.
- If you do not shut your mouth now, I will beat you to a pulp and make you swallow yourself.
Please feel free to share some of your own. Don’t forget to mention how successful these have been! ;-)
– The Suffering Editors || firstname.lastname@example.org ||
cartoon courtesy: www.weblogcartoons.com